Persons Exempt from License and Permit Requirements
The following persons are exempt and do not have to purchase a Hunting License, Florida Waterfowl Permit, Turkey Permit, Wildlife Management Area Permit, Archery Permit, Muzzle loading Gun Permit, or Migratory Bird Permit.
- Any person hunting in their county of residence on their homestead or the homestead of their spouse or minor child, or any minor child hunting on the homestead of their parent.
- Florida residents 65 years of age or older who have in their possession proof of age and residency, or a Resident Senior Citizen Hunting and Fishing Certificate.
Florida residents certified as totally and permanently disabled, who possess a Florida Resident Disabled Person Hunting and Fishing Certificate.
- Any resident who is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and who is not stationed in Florida, while home on leave for 30 days or less, upon submission of orders.
- Children under 16 years of age. Children under 16 years of age are also exempt from the federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp (federal "Duck Stamp") requirements when taking or attempting to take ducks.
- No-cost, complimentary hunting and fishing certificates for residents age 65 or older may be obtained from county tax collectors. T obtain a Disabled Person Hunting and Fishing Certificate, a resident must obtain an application form from the county tax collector.