Concealed Weapons Permits
If you are making an appointment for an Original Florida CWP, please make sure you bring the following:
- A picture ID. A driver license or state-issued identification card is acceptable.
- A copy of a training document or other certificate that confirms that you are proficient with a firearm.
- (Per Florida Law: We cannot accept an Out of State Concealed Weapons License as proof of training).
- Payment -$119.00. Cash, Check, or Card (for an additional fee of 2.5%) may be used.
Approved Training Courses
To qualify for a concealed weapon license, Florida law requires you to submit proof of competency with a firearm. A copy of a Certificate of Completion or similar document from any of the following courses or classes is acceptable:
- Any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency in another state
- Any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course.
- Any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, using instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
- Any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement.
- Any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified instructor or by an instructor certified by the National Rifle Association.
Training Certificate Requirements
The copy of the training certificate/document must be clear and legible and must include:
- Your name
- Your instructor's name.
- Your instructor's qualifications/credentials (National Rifle Association instructor, law enforcement firearms instructor, Class "K" Firearm Instructor licensed by the state of Florida, etc.) and
- Your instructor's license/certification number.
For Active Military and Veterans
Active-duty military personnel may submit copies of any of the following documents that confirm experience with a firearm gained during service:
- Military orders including call to active-duty letter.
- A statement of military service that identifies you and provides your date of entry on your current active-duty period (it must be signed by, or at the direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer or commander of your unit or higher headquarters).
Former military personnel can submit a DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service.
Florida CWP Renewals
If your Florida CWP is expiring no more than 90 days prior to your expiration date, you are able to make an appointment for renewal.
If your Florida CWP is more than 90 days past your expiration date, we are sorry, but at this time we cannot renew your Florida CWP unless you are no more than 90 days prior to your expiration date.
If your Florida CWP expired more than 180 days past your permit’s expiration date, and/or you hold a valid Out of State photo ID, please make an appointment for an Original CWP.
Note: (If your CWP is from another state, you will need to make an appointment for an Original. We cannot renew a CWP unless it is from Florida).